Skip to content
Advertisements

Ottoman Project

March 5, 2011

I picked up some fabric at Haberman’s Fabrics last weekend to recover an ottoman I reupholstered while I was in college.

At the time it matched the fabric colors and patterns i used in the room, but now it doesn’t really go with anything or have a place. We intend to get a new side chair and I hope that we can use this ottoman with it when it’s recovered.
The fabric cut into pattern pieces I made from the piece:
Gimp which I will cover to turn into the cording and tools. I cut the fabric into springs which are sewn together end to end and over the gimp:
I decided to do a box pleat on the ottoman slip cover so I pined the pattern pieces together with a box pleat in place:

Once all of the box pleats were pinned I sewed the cording onto the top pattern piece and them pinned the sides and top together. This is a dry fit of all the pinned pieces before they were all sewed together.

Finally I sewed down the bottom edge so it just skims the floor. Voila- a slip covered ottoman.
Advertisements

I want to know what you think, so please share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: